Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Using BPMN to document BizTalk Solution Requirements - Part 1

I have been working with BPMN for a few years. My primary tool has been Enterprise Architect by Sparx Systems. Microsoft introduced BPMN 1.2 in Visio 2010 Premium Edition. I have recommended both products on almost every BizTalk Contract.

On my last contract, I taught several classes (Project Managers, Business Analysts, Architects and Developers) on the use of BPMN and how it relates to BizTalk Applications. They are using it not only for BizTalk, but all Business Process Applications.

BizTalk 2006 had a nice addin for Visio, the "Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 Orchestration Designer for Business Analysts".  A Business Analyst could create an Workflow in Visio and a BizTalk developer could use the diagram to create the Orchestration.

I have been researching how to do the same thing with BPMN. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment