I just upgraded 2013 to 2013 R2.
These are the steps.
- I installed VS 2013 first which is required.
- I upgraded the HL7 Accelerator.
- Both upgrades went smoothly.
This are the issues I found.When creating a new project or opening an existing project in VS 2013, I tried to add a two new schemas and a map.
As you can see in the following figures, the artifacts are missing. The only artifacts available are for HL7.
|BizTalk Project Items|
I tired this on two Azure VMs. First I upgrade 2013 Standard, Next I upgraded R2 Standard to Enterprise. I created a new Azure BizTalk 2013 Developer VM and upgraded it to R2 after installing VS 2013.
- The ESB Toolkit is now Version 2.3. You cannot upgrade. There is no documentation on what is new in Version 2.3
- The documentation is for the HL7 Accelerator is from BizTalk 2010 as shown below.
|HL7 Accelerator Documentation for BizTalk 2013 R2|
The BizTalk 2013 / BizTalk 2013 R2 documentation on MSDN states that the HL7 Accelerator now supports the following:
Provides capability to include free-text data as part of the message that can be processed by the HL7 pipelines
I cannot find any documentation for this feature anywhere. Nor are there any samples.
Since I work with HL7 this feature is important.
Hopefully the BizTalk Team will release a CU that will resolve these issue. Until then, I will stay with BizTalk 2013.